Cuisinart ICE-60W may be one of the best ice cream makers you can get hold of. It has more advanced features as compared to the ICE-70 and ICE-30BC. The machine allows you to make not only ice creams but various other desserts like frozen yogurt, gelato, and sorbet. Whether you want to surprise your guests or pamper your children, the machine is just perfect. The machine accepts any other natural sweeteners instead of sugar, so you can get innovative and try out your own experimental recipes as well. The mixer bowl can take up to 2 quarts of dessert at a time, making it convenient for family use. To make sure that your ice cream does not turn slushy, you can freeze the mixer bowl around 24 hours before use. When the liquid in between the walls of the bowl does not splash anymore, the freezing is complete.
You also don’t have to keep an eye on the machine, the entire while as it shuts down automatically once the churning is complete. This can also help you shave your electricity bills. The machine is absolutely simple to operate. You just need to select your ingredients and put them into the mixing bowl. You can use the measuring cup integrated with the ingredient spout to strike the right amount. After filling the ingredients, you can choose a particular setting, set the timer and leave the machine to itself. Ice creams take around 25 minutes to be fully processed while gelatos and sorbets take 30 to 40 minutes.
As they state at sweeticecreamlove.com, this machine is not as loud as a blender or older ice cream machines. You can comfortably do other chores or even watch TV without getting disturbed.
- Dimension – 10.4 by 12.1 by 17 inches
- Weight – 13.6 pounds
- Measuring cup included
- Color – white and brushed chrome
- Upgraded paddle for better mixing
- Faster processing time
- Ben and Jerry’s ice cream and dessert book included with the machine
- The machine allows the user to choose between different settings for different desserts
- The machine can be operated at three different speeds
- It has a large ingredient spout which makes it easier to add ingredients without creating a mess
- The open top allows you to keep track of the churning. You can also scoop out a little portion to check the consistency of the mixture.
- The user guide does not specify the time duration for different recipes.
- The manual does not give any explanation as to how one setting is different from another
- The mixing arm does not reach the ice cream while churning small quantities like one or two pints
- The lid does not fit properly
The machine is versatile, allowing the user to prepare various recipes from ice cream to sorbet. Cleaning is also not a problem as all its parts can be taken out separately. The processing time is quite okay. However, the machine may not be quite worth its price as there are other cheaper options that can cover all the functions of the ICE-60W.